Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Last 7 days have been hectic!

Since last wednesday, things are even more exciting @ work front. My company acquired another listed company for a total payout of 1 Billion USD (stocks etc.). Phew! With this the total turnover of my firm, Concerto Software, touches a little more than 500 million $. To think when I joined in July 2003, it was just a 50 million company. With this acquisition, we enter the big leagues making the company numero uno for the industry we are in. Exciting times for all. Of course, there will be "adjustment" of staff. So start praying to whatever god's you believe in.

And I am also labelled as a "trouble maker" when I asked one too many questions during the worldwide conference call announcing this acquistion. Me and my big mouth! always gets me into trouble especially when not required.

I had lunch with Manish and we were swapping war stories (hey! even geeks have war stories). I was never a big fan of vietenamese noodle food. But this small place in Circular street did justice. Especially since they used breast meat for the chicken noodle soup. A healthy dose of hoisin sause, chillies, squeezed lime, bean sprouts, mint leaves completed the nice effect. Thanks, Manish! I had never been to that place before.

1 comment:

Steffles said...

Hey, the best Vietnamese cafe in Singapore so far (highly recommended by local viets and visiting viets) and one which I returned to over and over again everytime Saigon craving strikes is MAI @ Millenium Building (the one next to Plaza Singapore - Dhoby Ghaut Station. You'll find an alfresco cafe and a very attractive Vietnamese lady (that's Mai of course) greeting you and introduciing you the glorious food of her country. Die die must try!