Wednesday, March 08, 2006

More Coming Soon

Its been a long while since I updated the blog. I have been really busy with work and life in general. My new passion is now to play scrabble and enjoy idle chit chat with two gorgeous women on a lazy Sunday afternoon. And then a game of intense badminton on Sunday evening with some very wonderful people. Fun and intense! What a perfect Sunday to have! Workout for the brain and the body! And nothing in between!

So what have I been upto? Well, for one there has been a change in my job profile and getting the new role into my system is taking time. I had a short overseas trip and there were numerous birthday parties, dinner parties, and there was this visit to Attica a couple of times. Despite swearing that I would not go to that place, I still get dragged there. I have very loving and well meaning friends who insist that coming to Attica is a medicine to the soul.

Then there was this fantastic dinner party organized by a wonderful couple! I only wish I could cook as good as the dude and look as good as the girl! Next thing I knew I was actually singing "Chori Chori Chupke Chupke" as a testimonial to my childhood talent for singing. Honest! I used to learn Carnatic classical music under the tutelage of a venerable master called Neti Srirama Sarma! and my mother made me practise daily. Then there was the guitar lessons with Jayshankar who was the local hippy wannabe except he was just a confused dude who could not decide what he wanted to be. At least at that time! I have no idea where he is today.

Then there was more dinner parties of more wonderful people.

I cherish and value my life in Singapore. I have so many wonderful friends who I adore. Life would certainly be unbearable without the presence of such people. And then sometimes some people leave. Like this absolutely fabulous woman who I shall refer to as the Kling-2 girl! An Aussie to the boot, extremely dedicated, talented and a wonderful person too. She has left these shores back to her homeland to make her future. I wish her all the very best in life and have promised her that if at all she needs anything, I can guarantee that I will be there.

My sister is pregnant ** HOORAY** And I am going to be an uncle. Yep! You can see her picture in these blogs. Drop me a note to wish her! They do not know whether its a boy or a girl! And they do not wish to know. My sister is over the moon, my brother-in-law is having a silly goofy grin. And my father is orbiting this planet in anticipation of the first grandchild. You think it was difficult to talk to him before? Ha! Listen to him now! The plans for the ceremonies for 8th month, the birth etc. are immense and I also know he has invited like a few hundred people for a very important ceremony in May. Once I get pictures of those, I will post them here and explain what that ceremony is for.

As you can see, there's quite a few things happening and I lacked the time to my blog. So I will update more frequently but with fortnightly gaps in between.

No comments: