Thursday, July 13, 2006

Tragedy and Hope!

By now all of you would have seen and heard about the train blasts in Bombay. Bombay trains are the lifeline of work and activity and its with sadness and horror that such a mode of transport has been hit with bombs! The people who did this are not people but parasites to any society who find the need to indiscriminately kill. My fervent hope is that the police catch them and deep six them! I have no sympathy for mass murderers, rapists and child molestors. There is only place for them. Deep fried in hell!

I have travelled those trains for years when I was in my teens. I have had so many memories of my journeys! I have seen romances and fights erupt in the train! I have seen people making use of any implement and turning it into a musical intrument and enjoying a gusto rendition of popular songs! I have seen people squeezed chock a block and yet find a way to play poker when you cannot even see your partners and yet your game is a success! I have seen young people without proper ticket try all sorts of excuses to get out of the clutches of the ticket inspector! Its amazing what you could see and learn and observe in a journey and every day is something new!

But Bombay is a resilient city! Take away the lousy politicians and you have a variety of people who make it worth while. Nothing like a tragedy to bring people together! And that's what Bombay is all about!

My family and friends are safe! And I was shocked because I remember just last November making the journey in the same trains during my holidays!

Here's wishing my fellow citizens in Bombay - Strength, Courage and Hope!

No comments: