Friday, August 25, 2006

The Party - Evening Celebration

So you think the ceremony is complete. Well, my friends hardly! The evening party was for a more casual settings. Of course, there is no meat or alcohol. After all its a baby's naming ceremony we are celebrating and not mine. So we have a cradle which was borrowed from some family friends. The history is that this particular cradle has been in existance for about 100 years. Yep! Can you believe that? These family friends have kept it and used for all newborns in their family and their friends family. It was one heck of a engineering marvel contains catches and levers which I am quite sure was made by hand measures that computers. So once again, the ladies of the house are dressed to their nines. Resplendant sarees, jewellery etc.

Luckily the weather was a bit chill and hence Amolika is well covered up. And yet she has this beginnings of "I am going to start bawling any second" expression. And she did! The next instant the "The Priceless Siren" started wailing at the top of her lungs. Quick, get help! And it came in the form of grandmother, my sister's mother-in-law. A very gracious, charming and extremely nice person. My sister is very lucky is to have in-laws as proud, doting and loving. Heck! they even like me.


Which is more than you can say about me.They do keep hammering about the fact that I should get married and make babies. Hooray! Can you all imagine? Guru with a few kids! One day it will be there. For now, the focus is on my niece and my dear friends for whom I only wish they will have pictures like these posted on their own blogs. In fact, I think its time to visit a temple and pray for good luck and fortune to all the friends and family I know. After WOMAD!




Proud grandfather and grandmother. My brother-in-law's parents. The father is also a very charming, and knowledgeable with a penchant for enjoying life to the fullest extent. A very relaxed gentleman of old school. A perfect sammandhi (term used to describe the father-in-law's of both the bride and groom).







My brother-in-law's family (his siter, his BIL and his nephews). Those nephews are bigger, brainier than I am. They tower over me. I am usually called as Big Guy by the mexican queen mother of nearly two (Alvaro, I am referring to your wifey Patsy). But these dudes are really big guys.







The last picture is of one of my sister's friends who delivered a boy a few months ago and my niece. Aaaw! her first boyfriend and she cant even seen him because he is trussed up secure in blankets and looks thouroughly disinterested. Damn! you mean we men are already born with the whole "I should be vary of women" attitude or just the bad attitude that many women complain we male homosapien species seem to exhibit. Oh! well, he is just a kid.




Well, folks! I hope you enjoyed reading and viewing as much I did when I wrote and published these pictures. Watch out for the next installments of some sights and scenes of Hyderabad. I also have some foody pictures of Bombay which I must put up soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life is beautiful!!!
All beautiful things come in small packages...yes it is indeed when you see this infant and say god you are really there.

When we see life so close to us and say god's miracle of creating us it is truly spiritual.... I am so happy to read this Blog and appreciate a real piece of work of my dearest bro Guru...but all the kudu’s to Ranju & Ajju for such a piece of work or the works!!!

Cheers
Amar

Anonymous said...

Yo Guru, dropping by to check out your blog. See ya around!