Monday, July 04, 2005

Joey and Ian's - Wedding Dinner





Last Saturday I attended a wedding dinner. Although Ian and Joey have been ROM'd for a while, this was the traditional wedding dinner in style. Champagne, wine, great food and a nice after wedding party at Thumper. I managed to take some pictures before the heady mix of cocktails got to my head. Yep! I broke my fast the second day of starting for which I am going to pay dearly. But I would think I will prevail. Some people thought I was cute when I am plastered to the wall, but many think otherwise. Hence forgive me for being the otherwise. Life is strange.

It was also lovely to see the ever charming Su San visiting from Beijing. Connie and Shane also made it for this event from Hong Kong. They have been quite vociferously complaining that no one is visiting them. Well, time to get those tickets ready and make a weekend getaway to HK land. Shane had his supply of excellent cigars which I had the good fortune of "mooching" from him. Bernice and mum were also there in all finery. It has been a while since I heard her sing-song "Gurrru Ji".

Without mentioning names, some dude walks up to me and asks me the age of one my gorgeous friends. I gave him a look reserved for situations where you find your self naked in front of a stadium. My theory is:- either he was interested in her or he wants to embark on a strict discipline to get her skin tone or he was interested in her and realized too late that something that good was let go by him.

In the end it was a very good wedding, lots of toasts and a great speech by Ian's dad. Ian's description of how he vied for Joey's attention was a hoot.

No comments: