Friday, July 29, 2005

The Mahabharatha!

I had started writing this blog with the intent of covering the most important epic in the Hindu culture, The Mahabharatha. This is a story that tells us, Hindu's, the way to live. It may come as a surprise that Hinduism is not really a religion but it’s a way of life. Hinduism recognizes many gods ranging from the sky to the earth. The story of Mahabharata gave us the most important teachings. The Bhagavad-Gita. As explained before, this is the book we use to swear when we are in court.

I would like to have some feedback if you find the writing too confusing especially with the names which I will be dropping. Once I get comfortable with a certain structure in the writings, I will create a glossary of all names and their places in the story and what is their relation. I am going to split this post into multiple pieces so that it will not be overwhelming.

Over the past few weeks, I have been thinking on how to start with regards to the epic that spans generations and has so many plots and sub-plots. It has been a daunting task to identify how to structure the writing without making it boring or mundane. Hence, I ask you to review and give me a feedback so that I can adjust the writing style to make it readable.

I have also decided to cover only the most important parts of the Mahabharatha. Again, initially I may not follow a sequence. So to begin, I will introduce some of the principle characters and then proceed with the beginning. I understand that this is going to be a daunting reading due to the sheer number of characters and I would appreciate your patience. There is one thing I can absolutely gaurentee. This is one story that has everything that you ask for.

Once again, your feedback is HIGHLY appreciated. And I would also love it if you can share this with your friends, family and anyone who may be interested.

No comments: